Just weeks away! TEDxSurrey goes LIVE on stage and online at the Bell Performing Arts Centre of February 19.
Anticipation is building and rightly so. The event is designed to create an unmistakable shift in thinking. You will feel STIRRED, ENRICHED, and INVIGORATED and come away feeling EQUIPPED and READY to TAKE ACTION. Your HOPE FOR A BETTER TOMORROW will be renewed.
Our host, Noel Bentley, recently interviewed many of the speakers and asked them what it is like to prepare for a major speaking event like TEDxSurrey. Consistently, they said it is proving to be a transformative experience working with the coaches on the finer elements of speech design and stage presentation.
And a big surprise for most of them is how much they are enjoying working as a cohort and getting to know their fellow speakers. Each expressed admiration for the calibre and expertise of the other team members. They consider it a high honour to be part of such an exceptional group of people.
Without giving away any spoilers, here’s a listing of what you will see and learn at TEDxSurrey:
- Protect yourself with pandemic survival skills – Neuroscientist Dr. Lara Boyd will tell you what to do to keep your brain healthy and optimized for learning during stressful periods.
- Hear how to show care in extreme situations – Intensive Care Physician Dr. Robert McDermid will share what it’s like and what to say when a family member or friend is near death.
- Learn how to cope with a serious sickness – Medical Oncologist Dr. Sharlene Gill will explain why it’s time to take back control and face a cancer diagnosis with curiosity and courage.
- Be inspired to do something about Climate Change – Climate Scientist Dr. Simon Donner will get us looking at the crisis in an imaginative and exhilarating way that will spur us to act.
- Be infused with hope that planet-savings solutions exist – Activist, organizer, and renowned photographer, Frances Litman, will connect us to solutions and share success stories.
- Find beauty in the least likely places – Writer, filmmaker and producer, Ana Carrizales, will share her story of finding beauty in ugly, painful, heart-wrenching situations and what that taught her.
- Discover the most powerful tool for change – Acclaimed documentary filmmaker, Denise Withers, will reveal what she has found to be the most powerful catalyst for change.
- Extract maximum enjoyment from your retirement – Educator, author, former investment advisor, Dr. Riley Moynes explains the 4 Phases of Retirement and shows you how to get the most out of every phase.
- Align with your values – Leadership Development Specialist, Fatima Zaida, will talk about how your environment can affect bringing out the best in you.
- Make Reconcilation work – University of Winnipeg faculty member, Kevin Lamoureux, invites us to consider why reconciliation is best path forward for all of Canada.
- Attend to your legacy – Mental health advocate, Suzanne Venuata, will show you how to enrich your daily interactions with others and explains what that does for you now and forever.
- Put the spark back into your sex life – Need we say more? Sex Researcher and Therapist, Dr. Petra Zebroff, explains how couples have the power to keep the spark alive for the long haul.
It’s hard to believe all this can be packed into a fast-moving, 4-hour show. Better be there to see it for yourself.
Secure your tickets to our Virtual Live Event and watch everything from the comfort and safety of your home.